R&D Engineering Intern
Essential Job Functions
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position.
- Assist with assignments
- Apply engineering principles
- Detail oriented
- Responsible Team Member
- Identify tasks and be task oriented; take ownership of task/project
- Results Oriented
Potential Task Assignments within the scope of this position
- Initiates new or revised documentation and tracks through appropriate approval cycles and implementation
- Maintains a professional working relationship with internal & external customer and support staff
- Participates on cross-functional teams.
- Provides technical support on components, material methods, systems and equipment.
- Assists in developing physical and functional test requirements to assure specifications & regulations are met.
- Writes and reviews protocols, reports and data.
- Conducts testing outlined in protocols and test methods
- Performs validation studies on equipment & processes
- Performs design controls
- Analyzes design inputs
- Trains on, understands and follows company procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in and provides recommendations to training on department & division procedures, and policies.
- Prepares and presents oral and written project updates and technical discussions.
This position requires:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in related field of study.
- Generally, a Junior or Senior in their program.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative environment and take direction well.
The ideal intern in this role must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the duties and responsibilities.
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge
- Basic Technical writing skills
- Basic interpersonal skills – active listening
- Ability to read drawings
- Good understanding of engineering principles
- Demonstrated ability to apply engineering principles
- Ability to perform testing per written directions
- Demonstrated comprehension of basic descriptive statistics
- Basic Software application skills
- Basic problem-solving skills
- Ability to collect and analyze data and derive conclusions
- Ability to make recommendations to reach a solution
- Oral and written presentation skills
- Ability to follow design controls
- Ability to work independently
This position is in an office and/or laboratory environment and requires the incumbent to sit, stand and perform general office functions. The incumbent may also be required to lift up to twenty five pounds occasionally. The incumbent may be required to stand for extended periods of time. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.