Lab Technologist I - Oligo, Day Shift
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is seeking a Lab Technologist I to join our team. Lab Technologists are responsible for performing a wide variety of laboratory tasks and production processes. This includes operating and troubleshooting HPLCs, DNA Synthesizers, LC/MS, liquid handling robots, and UV/Vis Spectrometry.
Lab Technologists works on assignments that are routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments
Strong pipetting skills, attention to detail, organization, and familiarity with cGMP are desired.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostic’s Quality System.
- Maintains records in compliance with regulatory requirements, current Good Manufacturing Practices, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established written guidelines to perform job functions.
- Manufactures oligonucleotides according to electronic batch records and WID’s.
- Proficient in the use and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation including UV/Vis spectrophotometer, HPLC, liquid handling robots, and DNA synthesizers.
- Handles hazardous chemicals in accordance with approved written procedures.
- Performs additional tasks as assigned by management.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree (BS), or working toward a degree. Chemistry, BioChemistry, and Biology preferred.
Must be able to perform duties wearing a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR).
Sunday - Tuesday from 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM + every other Wednesday
Thursday - Saturday from 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM + every other Wednesday
***SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED***
- $300 on first pay check
- $300 after 6 months of employment
This opportunity is listed on the College of Science Internship Program website as a service to University of Utah students. Students should not assume that this opportunity, or other opportunities on this website, have been vetted and/or endorsed by the College of Science Internship Program or the University of Utah. This position may or may not align with current University of Utah COVID-19 conditions.