This is a part time non-exempt position. This position is part of a team working on a variety of laboratory procedures involving real-time PCR using established methods and techniques under general guidance. This person works closely with research associates in the research lab. Performs general lab duties, designs and conducts experiments, collects and analyzes data and keeps an accurate record of all work done in accordance with the quality system. Requires some problem solving skills. Normally received general instructions on routine work, detailed instruction on new assignments. Reports to Project Manager or Lead.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BFDX’s Quality System.
- Performs diagnostic tests using PCR to check the functionality of several different instruments produced by BFDX.
- Responsible for research and/or development in collaboration with others for assigned projects.
- Performs lab duties and experiments.
- Collects and analyze data relating to real-time PCR.
- Contributes to project process within his/her scientific discipline.
- Responsible for maintaining instrument history quality control records.
- Responsible for developing and revising instrument quality control procedures, involving controlled Word and Excel documents.
- Ensures that laboratory notebook for assigned projects/experiments are maintained in accordance with the BFDX Employment Handbook.
Training and Education:
In school for a Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent and demonstrate working knowledge of scientific principles. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word. Must demonstrate skill in basic laboratory technician practices (pipetting, materials handling, contamination control). Exceptional high school students should also have the experience and knowledge for this position.
0-2 years experience in the field or related area.
- Must be able to safely lift and maneuver 40 lbs.