Computer Science Intern
We are a pioneering autonomous building systems startup company. We are building a groundbreaking autonomous control platform for high-performance buildings and the future of smart cities.
We have a position for a computer science intern that offers the opportunity to be a meaningful part of a team, develop production code, build test infrastructure, construct IT solutions, and solve real-world engineering problems.
This is an internship position (or entry-level), with the potential of a full-time position for the right candidate. Opportunity for involvement is limited only by your enthusiasm.
What you will be doing:
- Developing a client-side application software
- Building test infrastructure
- Database development for cloud and test support
- Building machine learning back-end
- Developing data visualization interfaces
- IT infrastructure management
PassiveLogic is disrupting the world of automation with the first fully autonomous platform for buildings. Our culture is built on bringing together the most talented engineers, thinkers, and creatives — backed by the world’s leading investors — working together to make the future a reality.
PassiveLogic’s infinitely configurable platform enables users to design their own custom autonomous systems. We've reinvented the fundamental principals of automation to replace legacy control logic with real-time control decisions at the edge, reducing the world’s carbon footprint, while paving the way for the future of smart cities. We are looking for team members who have a passion for technology and want to work on cutting-edge problems with real-world solutions.
You must have:
- Strong research and problem solving skills
- Experience with MacOS
- Networking and system administration knowledge and experience
- Must be able to both work in a team and have the ability to self manage on your own
You should have:
- Experience with relational databases, PostgreSQL
- Experience with repositories, and content management
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience with MVC design patterns
It’s helpful to have:
- Fundamentals of human-computer interaction design
- Experience with application development
- Experience with AI and ML
- Experience with Xcode
- Competitive compensation; Hourly wage, based on experience
- Medical, dental, vision (full time
- Free drinks, snacks, and catered lunches
- We can support academic credits for students
- Must be diligent and get work done, but we do respect powder days
To apply for this position:
You must have or near completing a B.S. or better. Unless you have significant experience, a coding bootcamp isn't sufficient computer science background for this position. With your introduction and resume, include a description of a project (of any type) you personally created, devised, built, managed, organized, or designed that was of your own self-initiative. Also include any portfolio work, links to your code repo, personal website, etc.