Echelon Biosciences Inc
Application Deadline: April 7, 2022
Anticipated Start Date: May, 2022
Anticipated End Date: August 2022
Hours/Week: 15 hrs/wk for 12 weeks. Hours can be increased to meet class and/or university requirements Work Schedule:Specific day to day hours are flexible based on the applicant's university schedule. Hours must be completed during normal working hours M-F 8am-6pm Work Location: Research Park, Utah
Compensation from host organization: none
Company Website: https://www.echelon-inc.com/
- Must have completed at least 30 credit hours by the internship start date
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must be a declared major in the College of Science or a recent graduate
Additional Requirements for This Position:
- Must have a major or minor in Biology or Chemistry OR a related College of Science major (ex. Biomedical Physics)
- Must have junior or senior standing at the time of application (at least 60 completed college credits, which can include transfer credit, AP test credit, etc.)
- Must have completed introductory science coursework (ex. BIOL 1210/1610, CHEM 1210, or equivalent) and be enrolled in upper-level science courses.
Echelon Biosciences is a biologic reagents company based in Salt Lake City, UT. We are seeking applications for our Internship Program from qualified and highly motivated university students that are interested in pursuing a career in biotechnology and related fields.
Our program’s goal is to encourage young, aspiring scientists by providing them with a unique environment within the biotechnology sector for project-based training.
Successful applicants will be assigned a project mentor based on the applicant's stated goals and knowledgebase. Successful applicants may be asked to assist with a variety of activities ranging from basic product quality procedures to product research and development.
General application guidelines are as follows:
- Applicants must be enrolled in a relevant degree program related to the Biological Sciences or Chemistry
- Applicants must be able to commit to a specified workload of at least half-time*
- Must have completed science course pre-requisites and be enrolled in upper-level courses; minimum two years of completed course work in total
- Applicants will also be expected to have good organizational and time management skills
*Time commitment is flexible based on the credit requirements for an applicant’s course and/or university, though the suggested minimum for this requirement would be 15 hrs./week for 12 weeks.
- Basic lab bench skills - pipetting, sample handling, lab safety
This internship is part of the Facilitated Internship Program.
Applicants are encouraged to apply for the Career Exploration Scholarship.
Contact the internship coordinator at email@example.com with any questions about the position, program, or scholarship.