- Priority Application Deadline: March 11, 2022
- Anticipated Start Date: April/May, flexible
- Anticipated End Date: 3 months after start date
- Hours/Week: a minimum of 3 hours/week
- Work Schedule: Flexible
- Work Location: Flexible
- Compensation from host organization: none
- Company Website: https://vistimlabs.com/
- Must have completed at least 30 credit hours by the internship start date
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must be a declared major in the College of Science or a recent graduate
Additional Requirements for This Position:
Vistim Labs is a medical device company producing the world's first tool for objectively measuring cognitive deficits to serve clinicians and researchers address neurological disorders. Our technology can be used to detect early onset of disorders and to unlock emerging treatments by serving the critical unmet need of measuring treatment efficacy such that disease management therapies can be evaluated and optimized.
We are looking for a self-motivated student with an interest in branding and science to join our team and help us achieve an important project: to develop a Press Kit we can distribute with interested journals and newspapers. A stretch goal is to publish a press release. We invite you to join us and help us document the progress we are making in an exciting field where our mission is to save lives and improve the quality of life for more than 1B people on Earth!
- Design a targeted brand strategy & press strategy
- Participate in customer interviews to learn about the market
- Develop Press Kit for partners and journalists
- Review & suggest Website / Slide Deck content & template
- Contribute new ideas to create buzz and attention
To be successful in this role, we encourage you to learn by doing. You are not expected to be an expert. Experience writing social media posts and blog posts will help. Due to the international nature of our work, this position is remote. Ultimately, this is a great opportunity for the aspiring brand/advertising manager to get experience marketing applied research. It is also a great opportunity to develop a greater understanding of the commercialization efforts behind medical technology. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with people from around the world in a very early-stage start-up. A large part of your role is self-directed - perfect if you enjoy autonomy!
- Interest in either branding, advertising, social media, and/or start-ups
- Some experience with the above is helpful, but not required
- Gain much sought after communication skills
- Learn about working in a start-up
- Network internationally with a Salt Lake City-based organization
- Have solid deliverables at the end of your internship
- Build your portfolio
Although not required, submitting examples of marketing, advertising, social media projects or abilities is encouraged for this position.
- This internship is part of the Facilitated Internship Program. If the student works fewer than 100 hours, it will be considered a micro-internship. What is a micro-internship? This is a fairly new concept and is like an internship, but involves fewer hours of work. Although the hours are fewer, the experience is still robust and an intern for this position would end with a solid portfolio, experience in coding, and an expanded network. The stipend for the micro-internship is $100. All other aspects of the Facilitated Internship Program are the same.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply for the Career Exploration Scholarship.
- Contact the internship coordinator at email@example.com with any questions about the position, program, or scholarship.