Business Development Intern
- Priority Application Deadline: March 11, 2022
- Anticipated Start Date: April/May, flexible
- Anticipated End Date: 3 months after start date
- Hours/Week: a minimum of 3 hours/week
- Work Schedule: Flexible
- Work Location: Flexible
- Compensation from host organization: none
- Company Website: https://vistimlabs.com/
- Must have completed at least 30 credit hours by the internship start date
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must be a declared major in the College of Science or a recent graduate
Additional Requirements for This Position:
Vistim Labs is a medical device company producing the world's first tool for objectively measuring cognitive deficits to serve clinicians and researchers address neurological disorders. Our technology can be used to detect early onset of disorders and to unlock emerging treatments by serving the critical unmet need of measuring treatment efficacy such that disease management therapies can be evaluated and optimized.
We are looking for a self-motivated student with an interest in medical science & sales to join our team and help us achieve an important project: to foster a collaboration with a disease management or disease research organization. A stretch goal is to formalize the collaboration with a partnership agreement. We invite you to join us and help us document the progress we are making in an exciting field where our mission is to save lives and improve quality of life for more than 1B people on Earth! Responsibilities Include:
- Develop a sales & outreach strategy
- Collaborate with team members to produce key marketing materials
- Participate in customer interviews to learn about the market
- Grow relationships with researchers around the world
- Contribute new ideas to create buzz and attention
To be successful in this role, we encourage you to learn by doing. You are not expected to be an expert. Experience in sales will help, medical sales experience is preferred. Due to the international nature of our work, this position is remote. Ultimately, this is a great opportunity for the aspiring biotech entrepreneur to get experience commercializing research. It is also a great opportunity to develop greater understanding of commercialization efforts behind medical technology. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with people from around the world in a very early-stage start-up. A large part of your role is self-directed - perfect if you enjoy autonomy!
- Interest in science, business, or start-ups
- Some experience with sales is helpful, but not required
- Gain much sought after communication skills
- Learn about working in a start-up
- Network internationally with a Salt Lake City-based organization
- Have solid deliverables at the end of your internship
- Build your portfolio
- This internship is part of the Facilitated Internship Program. If the student works fewer than 100 hours, it will be considered a micro-internship. What is a micro-internship? This is a fairly new concept and is like an internship, but involves fewer hours of work. Although the hours are fewer, the experience is still robust and an intern for this position would end with a solid portfolio, experience in coding, and an expanded network. The stipend for the micro-internship is $100. All other aspects of the Facilitated Internship Program are the same.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply for the Career Exploration Scholarship.
- Contact the internship coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the position, program, or scholarship.