Lab Analyst Intern
- Application Deadline: rolling, April 7, 2022
- Anticipated Start Date: decided upon offer
- Anticipated End Date: TBD
- Hours/Week: Full-time
- Work Location: Salt Lake City
- Compensation from host organization: TBD
- Must have completed at least 30 credit hours by the internship start date
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must be a declared major in the College of Science or a recent graduate
Additional Requirements for This Position:
- Biology or Chemistry major or similar (such as Biochemistry)
Interns are trained and proficient in all basic lab techniques. These analysts learn and perform specific tests in the lab they are assigned. They report to an identified supervisor in their assigned area with collaboration from the internship coordinator.
Essential job functions:
- Perform studies, both GLP and non GLP; start to finish under supervision of the Study Director.
- Order supplies and media.
- Ensure testing is conducted according to approved procedures (SOP, STP, PDS, SDS, etc)
- Perform basic lab procedures such as:
- Plate counts
- Gram stains
- Streak plate
- Aseptic technique
- Daily standardization
- Perform duties in the section assigned
Regulatory & Compliance
- Know and follow applicable regulatory requirements (GMP, GLP, ISO, etc).
- Know and follow company policies and procedures.
- Ensure all data are accurately and concurrently recorded.
- Notify the Study Director of any unforeseen circumstances or events that occur during testing.
- Complete and document training prior to performing procedures.
- Complete required training on time.
- Uphold the NLI service standard.
- Meet or exceed sponsor and supervisor expectations.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow written procedures
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work with a variety of people
Employee must stand and walk for 70% of the day; sit at a desk for 30%, 10% of sitting time is spent working on the computer and must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
IMPORTANT: you must apply both through the Facilitated Internship Program (link below) and on the Sotera Health Website (linked) for this position!