Molecular Systems Intern
- Application Deadline: rolling, April 7, 2022
- Anticipated Start Date: decided upon offer
- Anticipated End Date: year-round
- Hours/Week: part-time
- Work Schedule: Naturalist Interns will be required to work 24 hours per week, generally in three 8-hour shifts. Various schedules will be available to prospective hires, but all schedules will include either some weekend or evening shifts. Interns can schedule up to two weeks off in the summer.
- Work Location: Salt Lake City
- Compensation from host organization: TBD
- Must have completed at least 30 credit hours by the internship start date
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must be a declared major in the College of Science or a recent graduate
Additional Requirements for This Position:
This person works closely with research associates in the research lab. Performs general lab duties, designs and conducts experiments, collects and analyzes data and keeps an accurate record of all work done in accordance with the quality system. Requires some problem-solving skills. Normally received general instructions on routine work, detailed instruction on new assignments. Reports to Project Manager or Lead.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Performs diagnostic tests using PCR to check the functionality of several different instruments produced by BFDX.
- Responsible for research and/or development in collaboration with others for assigned projects.
- Performs lab duties and experiments.
- Collects and analyze data relating to real-time PCR.
- Contributes to project process within his/her scientific discipline.
- Responsible for maintaining instrument history quality control records.
- Responsible for developing and revising instrument quality control procedures, involving controlled Word and Excel documents.
- Ensures that laboratory notebook for assigned projects/experiments are maintained in accordance with the BFDX Employment Handbook.
IMPORTANT: you must apply both through the Facilitated Internship Program (link below) and via the bioMérieux site for this position!