Quality Associate Intern
- Application Deadline: April 7, 2022
- Anticipated Start Date: Decided upon offer
- Anticipated End Date: TBD
- Hours/Week: part-time
- Work Schedule: TBD
- Work Location: 5940 Harold Gatty Dr, Salt Lake City, UT 84116
- Compensation from host organization: TBD
- Must have completed at least 30 credit hours by the internship start date
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must be a declared major in the College of Science or a recent graduate
Additional Requirements for This Position:
- Pursuing a degree in a scientific related field (chemistry, microbiology, or other related field).
- Department: Quality
- Reports to: Nicole Bowen
The quality intern will work on quality-related projects and help build laboratory and QA related processes in order to prepare for commercialization.
This role interacts with all levels of the organization in a collaborative and positive way with colleagues to facilitate department and organizational initiatives for cultural cohesion aligned to the DiscGenics Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The intern will take direction and will work on projects related to building of laboratory and QA related activities for product
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of scientific principles associated with chemistry, microbiology, or other related fields.
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking
- Team leadership skills and team
- Adheres to and leads with the Company Values of Integrity, Innovation, Accuracy, Teamwork and
- Regular and predictable
- Ability to report to work responsive, free from sedatives, and in a non-sedative state.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of quality-related principles
Position requires qualified individuals to see, hear and speak (verbally and audibly). Required to ascend and descend stairs; sit, stand, lift, bend, stoop, crawl and kneel. The employee must also use hands to finger, handle or feel. Occasionally reaching with hands and arms, climbing or balancing are required. May be asked to drive or travel by car, air, or other transportation for business purposes.
Must be able to lift and carry 20 pounds.
Must be able to function effectively with noise in a lab environment. Natural and regular stressors occur on the job.
Must disclose prescribed pharmaceuticals and/or OTC that may impair or affect the ability to perform the essential functions of the job. Natural and regular stressors occur on the job.
- This internship is part of the Facilitated Internship Program
- Applicants are encouraged to apply for the Career Exploration Scholarship.
- Contact the internship coordinator at email@example.com with any questions about the position, program, or scholarship.
Please note: DiscGenics reserves the right to change, modify, suspend, interpret, or cancel in whole, or in part, any of the duties outlined above, at any time, and without advance notice to the employee.