Endowed Chairs & Professorships
Everything we accomplish at the University starts and ends with having an excellent faculty. Chairs and Professorships, funded at $1 to $2.5 million each, are a very important tool for achieving and maintaining that excellence; retaining exceptional faculty who are recruited elsewhere; and recruiting senior faculty from other institutions.
Academic chairs in the College of Science that are contributing to the university’s strength as a world-class research institution and an economic engine for the State of Utah are:
- The Henry Eyring Presidential Chair in Chemistry
- The Jack W. Keuffel Chair in Physics
- The John Legler Lecturer in Human Anatomy
- The C. Dale and Susan R. Poulter Professorship in Chemistry
- The Ronald and Eileen Ragsdale Chair in Chemical Education
- The John E. and Marva M. Warnock Presidential Chair in Mathematics
Additional contributions to these Chairs and Professorships, in honor of the outstanding educators and alumni for whom they are named, are welcome and will be gratefully received.