Accessibility Menu
Press ctrl + / to access this menu.

The Interdisciplinary Science Center


Designed by the firm of Young & Hansen, construction was begun in early 1918.

While the building was under construction, it was used as temporary housing for soldiers during WWI as there was a cooperative agreement between the Army and the University to house military personnel during the war.

Although its original use was as temporary housing, it was intended to be used as the Stewart Training School after WWI. This building housed the Stewart Training School from 1919 until 1966. It was officially named the William M. Stewart Building in 1968.

Research Opportunities

Re-inventing the Science Corridor.

Read More
Architectural Details

Re-inventing the Science Corridor.

Read More
History

The history of the Stewart building and school.

Read More