Internship-Data Science Analyst
If you have the right amount of polish, a whole lot of hustle, and an obsession with data, then bring your skills to work for Pattern and help us accelerate one of the fastest-growing companies in America!
Pattern is the world’s leading ecommerce accelerator. located in Utah’s Silicon Slopes with offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, Middle East, and North America. Pattern is home to the best and the brightest professionals in the tech and ecommerce industries. Why? Some of the world’s biggest consumer brands— like Nestle, Kong, Panasonic, Sorel, and Skullcandy—trust Pattern to accelerate their ecommerce around the world. To serve them, we only hire the best of the best.
We're looking for a rock-solid data science intern to join our growing team. This candidate will support Pattern’s exciting data insights program and will leave their internship with a bevy of valuable portfolio pieces.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform regular analyses using our vast ecommerce data set to uncover impactful consumer insights and industry trends
- Support our content team in translating data pulls into consumable insights
- Maintain and streamline our data analysis process by building and refining our custom query set
- Support our data science team in integrating new technologies and datasets when necessary
- Own all professional development goals or milestones assigned to you
- Help us drive Pattern’s mission and core values internally and externally
- An insatiable appetite for data mining and a high level of enthusiasm for using data to tell stories
- Academic and/or professional background in data science, statistics, applied mathematics, or related field
- Strong communication and research skills
- Working experience with SQL & Python
- Experience with programing environments (e.g. PyCharm)
- Experience with data-warehousing tools and relational databases (e.g. Snowflake)
- Functional knowledge of statistics
- Proficiency in Excel
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to commit to position for a minimum of 12 months
What is Pattern about?
At Pattern, we are
Data Fanatics: Our edge is always found in the data
Partner Obsessed: We put our partners first
Team of Doers: We have a bias for action
Game Changers: We encourage innovation
What is the hiring process?
- An initial phone interview with Pattern’s talent acquisition team
- An onsite interview with a panel of department leaders