- Meet & Greet featuring Utah Insight Season 2Date: 5/13/2021 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM Please join us for an insiders glimpse into season two of Utah Insight. Lisa Olken, PBS Utah’s director of content, will host this virtual meet and greet with Liz Adeola (producer and host), RaeAnne Christensen (reporter and host), and Kelton Wells (producer), who will provide an in-depth look into what it takes […]
- Lighting Your Path: Interviewing & Salary NegotiationDate: 5/26/2021 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM The Career & Professional Development Center (CPDC) offers career support and guidance to graduates up to two years after graduation. Wherever you are on your career journey, we’re here to support you every step of the way. Join us to learn more about strategies to optimize your career […]
- Utah's Statewide Virtual Job FairDate: 6/3/2021 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM Employers representing a wide variety of industries are recruiting job seekers with college degrees—including recent grads and experienced alumni. Meet with employers that are hiring now from the comfort of your own home! Read more and register.
- U to You: The Next Phase of Personalized Cancer CareDate: 6/9/2021 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM Dr. Alana Welm, senior director of basic science at U's Huntsman Cancer Institute, will discuss her laboratory's research focused on solving the problem of breast cancer metastasis.
- Environmental & Economic Impact of Drought & FiresDate: 5/13/2021 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM Dr. Bill Anderegg of the UU College of Science and Thomas Holst of the Gardner Policy Institute, along with additional panelists, will discuss current issues and future threats posed by wildfires and other natural disasters.
- U to You: The Viruses of Our Lives – Pandemics Past, Present, and FutureDate: 5/12/2021 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM With humanity grappling with COVID-19, associate professor Nels Elde surveys pandemics past and present to explore shared features and unique challenges facing communities today.
Monica Gandhi BS'91
Growing up in Utah taught me a great deal and my time at the University of Utah was refreshing, eye-opening, formative and life-changing. The world has always struggled with disparities and vulnerable populations, such as those living with poverty or with stigma, are more prone to infection and poor health outcomes.
Great education comes with great privilege. It is our duty as graduates of the College of Science at the University of Utah to go out in the world to attempt to right these disparities, combat the stigma and carry the ideals of our rigorous scientific education forth.
>> GIVE TODAY