WHAT CAN CAREER COACHING DO FOR YOU?
The College of Science offers free, professional career coaching that is available to every math and science student. Career coaches are available online and in-person at the Academic Advising Hive at the Crocker Science Center (CSC) and the Student Epicenter in the Fredrick Albert Sutton Building (FASB).
Your professional career coach is available to meet with you one-on-one to ensure you get personalized guidance and recommendations that help you focus your career visions and achieve your professional goals. Coaches can guide you in exploring internship and career opportunities, writing strong resumes and building connections with organizations in research, private industry, government agencies, and other professional opportunities.
Whether you’re a first-year student, a recent alumni, or anywhere in between, your coach is ready to walk with you through each stage of your career journey.
Career coaches provide:
- Latest information about openings for jobs and internships
- Up-to-date information on companies you’d love to work for
- Resume reviews to target your skills and interests
- Guidance on creating a Linked In profile that employers will notice
- Strategies to make your application stand out
- Advice on how to translate the skills and experience you receive in the classroom to real-world opportunities
- The chance to be recommended to hiring managers
- The inside track on career marketplace trends
- Practice in-person and video interviewing
- Tips on negotiating that all-important entry-level offer
- Advice that aligns with your short-and-long-term goals
MEET YOUR CAREER COACHES
Laura Cleave and Alex Barilec are Science Career Coaches ready to guide undergraduate students to meet their professional goals.
Laura CleaveCareer Coach
Alex BarilecCareer Coach
Have an online interview? Our Career Studio rooms are equipped with proper lighting, camera, sound, microphone, and backdrop. Schedule the Career Studio.
Stop by our Career Closet to borrow complimentary professional clothes for that important interview or career fair.