Our College of Science Ambassadors are a group of University of Utah students who are passionate about science and their education. Ambassadors are leaders in our college and help with a wide variety of events, the recruitment of new students, and keeping current students engaged and excited about science.
We host events for all College of Science students throughout the year. Catch us at a Taco Game Night, Dogs & Donuts, or an Involvement Fair to connect with other scientists and find your community on campus!
We facilitate events on campus for high school students from all over the Salt Lake Valley. We’ve had the pleasure of hosting the PATHS Program, several local Boys & Girls Clubs, and other school groups over the years.
Starting in 2022, we mentor first year students in our Science Themed Communities on campus. We provide support and resources to help make the transition to the U as smooth as possible and set our first year students up for success!
One of our favorite opportunities is getting to go out to local elementary and middle schools to do activities or experiments with younger students. We’ve had a blast at STEM and STEAM Days as well as career exploration fairs.
What the Ambassadors Do
- Give private tours of the Science Campus
- Host group visits from local clubs and schools
- Host larger events with STEM activities and games
- Talk one on one about what it’s like to be a science student at the U (email us below!)
- Welcome incoming students at New Student Orientation
- Host student socials and other networking or de-stressing events
- Help find classes at the beginning of each semester
- Mentor first year students on our floor in Kahlert Village
- Answer questions about classes, majors, and more (email us below)!
Follow Us on Social Media!
Stay up to date on everything the ambassadors are up to, like events and activities!
Meet Our Current Ambassadors
Click on the photos below to learn more about each of our Science Ambassadors!
You can reach out to them via email to ask questions or to schedule a one-on-one meeting with them. They can talk to you about:
- Choosing a major or minor
- Getting into research
- Gaining leadership experiences
- Succeeding in classes
- Finding your community on campus
- and much more!
Please don't hesitate to reach out to one of our Student Ambassadors. They are here for you!