University of Utah Youth Education
Application Deadline: April 7, 2022
Anticipated Start Date: June 6, 2022
Anticipated End Date: August 12, 2022
Hours/Week: 30-35 hours/week, schedule varies, but M-F between 8:00 am-4:30 pm
Location: on campus
Compensation from host organization: none
Company Website: https://continue.utah.edu/youth
- Must have completed at least 30 credit hours by the internship start date
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must be a declared major in the College of Science or a recent graduate
Additional Requirements for This Position:
- Desire and ability to work with children in a classroom environment
- Adaptable and flexible to daily changes
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Prior experience in STEAM-based subjects
- Self-directed, punctual, and highly organized
- At least 18 years old
- Valid driver’s license
We are looking for applicants who enjoy working with youth and are interested in day camps. Interns assist in the direction, supervision, and organization of campers in their camper group within activities and throughout the camp in order to meet the intended camper outcomes. Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Help to guide groups and individual campers in participating successfully in all aspects of camp activities.
- Be aware of safety concerns and report problems to the proper authority.
- Assist with the preparation and implementation of activities and programs.
- Encourage campers to participate in camp-wide programs, special events, and all other activities by demonstrating excitement and enthusiasm appropriately.
- Assist in any activity however needed.
- Help ensure the health and welfare of campers.
- Recognize and respond to teachable moments in the group.
Note: day camps subjects include: Physics, Science, Algebra, Marine Biology, Space Science, Animal Science, Mycology, Biology, Genetics, and more!
This internship is part of the Facilitated Internship Program.
Applicants are encouraged to apply for the Career Exploration Scholarship.
Contact the internship coordinator at email@example.com with any questions about the position, program, or scholarship.