College of Science Petitions for Exception to Policy

You must be a declared major in the College of Science to submit petitions for Exception to Policy to this college. All undecided students go through the Academic Advising Center.

The University has provided means for students to be granted exceptions to University policy. This allows students the chance to petition certain policies for non-academic reasons such as illness, military leave, family emergencies, etc.

Retroactive Petition Form (pdf)

Current Term Petition Form (pdf)


Exceptions to policy include withdrawal from a course after the withdrawal deadline for the same term, retroactive withdrawal, retroactive registration, section change or cross-referenced course, late registration request, change in CR/NC status, retroactive change in credit hours, etc. This must always be done through the Dean's Office of the college of the student's major.

To petition University policy you must obtain the necessary forms online, from the Registrar's office (250 SSB) or the College of Science Student Affairs Office (214 CSC). The necessary forms and all supporting documentation must be received before the Dean's Office will consider your petition. Once your forms and supporting documentation has been received it will be reviewed within 7 days and a recommendation will be sent to the Registrar's Office.

If you have questions contact Lisa Batchelder by email at or 801-581-3374.