permission codes

If you meet the prerequisites but the system doesn’t recognize this, you will need to request a permission code. Some common (though not exhaustive) reasons for needing a permission code are:

  • You have a transfer course from a school outside of Utah.
  • You are meeting the prerequisite with a concurrent enrollment class that hasn’t yet posted to your U of U record.
  • You are currently enrolled in the prerequisite at another school.
  • You are meeting the prerequisite with an AP score that is more than two years old or with an IB HL score.

Please use the link below to request permissions codes.

Permission Code Request Pages