Do you have what it takes to be a College of Science Ambassador? Ambassadors participate in recruitment events including Red White and U day, College of Science events, high school visits, and other STEM recruitment programs, where they assist and communicate with prospective College of Science students.
Ambassadors should be well-rounded individuals with a love for the University of Utah and the College of Science! We are looking for students who have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
NOTE: Set aside about an hour because the application does not save your progress if you exit. Be prepared to provide a resume and references.
Becoming an Ambassador
- Must be an enrolled, degree-seeking undergraduate in the College of Science
- Must be in good academic standing with the University of Utah (3.00 GPA or higher)
- Must be able to commit to a full academic year
- $15 an hour with a minimum of 40 hours a semester (average of 3-4 hours a week)
- Develop presentation, communication, and leadership skills
- Gain public relations experience and vital interpersonal skills
- Broaden networks throughout the University of Utah and the College of Science
- Average weekly hours will fluctuate based on the number of programs in which an Ambassador participates, but will likely be less than 4 hours a week. University Ambassadors are permitted to have other jobs, either on or off campus, and are encouraged to be involved in other campus activities—provided that these jobs and activities do not interfere with various dates, duties and responsibilities of being a University Ambassador.
- Being a passionate representative of the University of Utah and the College of Science at recruitment and campus events, including those held on weekends and evenings
- Create social media content that targets perspective and current students
- Advise prospective students and parents about the College of Science academic programs, social opportunities, student life, et cetera
- Participate in weekly campus tours
Important (Mandatory) Dates:
- Ambassador Training – February 2020 (Date TBA)
- Red, White, and U Day – April 2020 (Date TBA)
- COS Convocation – Thursday, April 30, 2020
- Science Day – Saturday, November 2020 (Date TBA)