Applications closed for the 2021-2022 academic year. They will re-open in January of 2022.
Do you have what it takes to be a College of Science Ambassador?
Ambassadors participate in a wide variety of events in the College, including Science Day and Convocation. They aid in the recruitment of strong STEM students by visiting high schools, giving tours of our science buildings, and hosting other recruitment events where they assist and communicate with prospective College of Science students. Aside from events, our Ambassadors help with our social media presence, welcome new students to the U during Orientation, and develop demos to get kids excited about science!
Ambassadors should be well-rounded individuals with a love for the University of Utah and the College of Science! We are looking for students who have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
NOTE: Set aside about an hour because the application does not save your progress if you exit. Be prepared to provide a resume and references.
Becoming an Ambassador
- Must be an enrolled, degree-seeking undergraduate in the College of Science
- Must be in good academic standing with the University of Utah (3.00 GPA or higher)
- Must be able to commit to a full academic year
- $15 an hour with a minimum of 40 hours a semester (average of 3-4 hours a week)
- Develop presentation, communication, and leadership skills
- Gain public relations experience and vital interpersonal skills
- Broaden networks throughout the University of Utah and the College of Science
- Average weekly hours will fluctuate based on the number of programs in which an Ambassador participates, but will likely be less than 4 hours a week. University Ambassadors are permitted to have other jobs, either on or off campus, and are encouraged to be involved in other campus activities—provided that these jobs and activities do not interfere with various dates, duties and responsibilities of being a College of Science Ambassador.
- Spring 2021: there will be fewer opportunities this semester than in a normal year and most will be virtual. Flexibility will be key until we are back on campus more regularly.
- Be a passionate representative of the University of Utah and the College of Science
- Recruit prospective students and parents through events and tours
- Support current students through activities and events
- Welcome new students to campus at New Student Orientation
- Participate and lead other events, programming, and projects in the College of Science
- Applications Due - February 15, 2021
- Ambassador Training – February 2021 (Date TBA)
- COS Virtual Convocation – May 2021 (Date TBA)
- Science Day – Saturday, November 2021 (Date TBA)