Thursday, May 6, 2021, 9:00 - 10:30 am
Rice-Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, UT
Updated April 14, 2021 - Please check here often for updates.
The College of Science is thrilled to be able to celebrate our 2021 graduates at Rice-Eccles Stadium. This Convocation may look slightly different than a traditional ceremony, but we invite all graduates to celebrate their accomplishments with their peers and College leadership. Graduates of the Class of 2020, who did not have their convocations last year, will also be invited to attend.
Each graduate participating in our 2021 college convocation ceremonies will be allowed to bring up to four guests. Each guest will be required to register for tickets. Masks must be worn by all attendees and physical distancing guidelines will be followed, with seating spaced throughout the venues. University leaders encourage friends and family members and graduates who are unable to attend college convocation to tune in virtually via convocation livestream.
University leaders are also planning a commencement livestream of the General Commencement on Thursday, May 6 at 7:00 pm.
This website will continue to be updated with details, as they become available. Graduates will also receive email updates to their university email account.
Seating will be general admission. Students will enter the stadium from the east (by the parking lot) and will be seated either on the field or in an east side section. Students will exit the stadium from the east at the end of the ceremony. ALL PLANS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- Students can purchase regalia at the University Campus Store.
Cords and Programs
- Honors and Internship cords and Convocation Programs will be mailed to graduates BEFORE Convocation. Please make sure your current address is up-to-date in CIS. Diploma covers will be available for pickup at Convocation.
- RESERVE YOUR TICKETS HERE!
- Please use your UNID@utah.edu email address to log into the system, not UNID@umail.utah.edu.
- If you are having an issue logging in, please contact the Athletic Ticketing Office directly, and an agent will walk you through the process: 801 581-UTIX (8849). They are open Mon-Fri, 10am-6pm.The College of Science does not have access to the system and cannot reserve tickets for students. However, if the box office is not able to help you, please email email@example.com to make us aware of the issue.
- Tickets will be available up until 5 p.m. on Wednesday 5/5. There is enough seating in Rice-Eccles Stadium for all graduates and their guests. Please be assured that you and your guests will still be able to attend Convocation, even if there is a delay in accessing the ticketing system.
- Assistance in reserving tickets may be found here.
- Each graduate can reserve up to four tickets for guests.
- Due to social distancing, there will not be a processional. Graduates will be directed to the seating area in Rice-Eccles Stadium when they arrive. Students should plan to be seated by 9 a.m.
- Professional photographs will be during the ceremony, after the name reading. There will be opportunities after the ceremony for student to take photos on the field.
- Umbrellas will be allowed in the stadium in case of rain.
- Please make every effort to NOT bring a bag into Rice-Eccles Stadium. All belongings will be subject to search. If a bag is absolutely necessary, please use a clear bag in accordance with stadium policy.