College of Science Ambassador Program
The College of Science Ambassadors are a group of University of Utah students who are passionate about science and their education. Ambassadors participate in recruitment events including Red White and U day, College of Science events, high school visits, and other STEM recruitment programs, where they assist and communicate with prospective College of Science students.
Ambassadors should be well-rounded individuals with a love for the University of Utah and the College of Science! We are looking for students who have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be an enrolled, degree-seeking undergraduate in the College of Science
- Must be in good academic standing with the University of Utah (3.00 GPA or higher)
- Must be able to commit to a full academic year
- $15 an hour with a minimum of 40 hours a semester (average of 3-4 hours a week)
- Develop presentation, communication, and leadership skills
- Gain public relations experience and vital interpersonal skills
- Broaden networks throughout the University of Utah and the College of Science
- Being a passionate representative of the University of Utah and the College of Science at recruitment and campus events, including those held on weekends and evenings
- Create social media content that targets perspective and current students
- Advise prospective students and parents about the College of Science academic programs, social opportunities, student life, et cetera
- Participate in weekly campus tours
The Ambassador Application must be submitted by January 31, 2017
NOTE: When you start your application, we recommend that you have about an hour set aside to work on it because the application does not save your progress once you exit out. Be prepared to provide 2 references, your job history, and a cover letter. It also may be best to fill out the application on a computer rather than a mobile phone.