Back to School
- Classes will begin as scheduled on August 24.
- There will be a mixture of in-person and hybrid delivery determined by current university status.
- The fall break (October 4-11) is canceled.
- Instruction will shift online from November 30 to December 3, with final exams held online December 7-11.
- This shift to all-online instruction and exams after Thanksgiving is based on the strong advice of U of U Health epidemiologists and mirrors the approach of many of our national peers.
- The University will provide at least one face covering for every student, faculty, and staff member.
- All buildings will provide hand sanitizer near entrances, elevators, and large classrooms.
- Students will be provided with sanitizing wipes or other supplies at the entrance to classrooms and laboratory spaces.
- Classrooms and public spaces will be cleaned daily.
Red, Orange, Yellow, Green Status
- Red - High Risk: Only mandatory employees and functions on campus.
- Orange - Moderate Risk: Minimal employees. Minimal in-person classes.
- Yellow - Low Risk: Campus reopening with restrictions.
- Green - Normal: All programs and services return.
We ask for student cooperation with the following:
- Only come to campus if you are healthy. Contact your instructors if you are diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Wear face coverings in all common areas in campus buildings.
- Practice diligent personal hygiene and physical distancing.
- Use sanitizing supplies provided to wipe down your desk, table, chair, and/or bench top areas.
- Follow instructions given by professors or instructors to maintain physical distancing guidelines during your class/lab.
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. or visit returntocampus.utah.edu
- The College of Science is committed to providing the same level of exceptional education it has provided to students each year. Learning, research and scientific discovery will continue within the safest possible environment for our community.
Questions? Email email@example.com. or visit returntocampus.utah.edu
Information on the State of Utah's risk phases may be found @ https://coronavirus.utah.gov.