The Convocation speaker will be announced soon!
The College of Science is pleased to have the opportunity for one of our graduates speak at Convocation to represent their experience and deliver an inspiring message to all students in attendance. All undergraduate students graduating in Fall 2019, Spring 2020, and Summer 2020 are invited to submit a written speech to be considered for the 2020 Convocation Student Speaker.
Here are some guidelines for a successful submission:
- Your speech should be around 3 – 4 minutes (500-700 words).
- Have a clear story, theme, or message.
- Talk about your future and how your experience in the College of Science helped to shape it.
- Be authentic and positive.
- You must be comfortable speaking in front of several thousand people during the College of Science Convocation on Thursday, April 30 at 9 am at the Huntsman Arena.
Please submit your speech by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, March 18. Speech submissions should contain your full name, UNID, and major.
Students chosen to audition with the College of Science convocation committee will be contacted to arrange a time during the week of March 23-27. The committee will then choose the winning speaker and notify them by April 1. If you have any questions, please email us.